We all have a vision for where we want to go, but making a plan for how to get there is another thing altogether. In this episode, 4Sight Founder and CEO Jenni Catron shares practical questions we can ask that help us build a successful strategy to achieve our vision and reach our goals.
Some highlights from Jenni’s teaching:
Be sure to listen to Episodes 27, 28 and 29 in which Jenni, Jeff Henderson and Tim Lucas explore the theme of Strategy!
3 P’s of Strategy
3 Questions to Ask to Create a Successful Strategy
1. Where do you want to go?
- If your vision is the destination, your strategy is the route you take to get there.
- Brainstorm the list of goals and ideas you want to enact in the next year.
- Narrow your list to 2-3 goals to focus on for the next year. (Remember: If everything is important, nothing is.)
2. What is realistic?
- Unrealistic goals discourage and demotivate your team.
- Consider time commitment, budget, staffing, etc.
- Be honest and revise goals as necessary.
3. How will we get there?
Get even MORE specific by asking:
- Who is responsible for leading through this goal? Who wakes up feeling responsible for making progress toward this goal? Needs to be 1 person and it should always be you!
- What are the steps necessary to accomplish it?
The 4 Disciplines of Execution defines these steps as “lead measures” (most high-impact things your team must do to reach the goal)
- They must be predictive of reaching the goal
- They can be influenced by the team
- What are the key dates and deadlines? Accountability helps lead to progress.
- Does budget need to be allocated?
Answering these questions will help you move from ideas to action!
If you want to take action on creating your strategic plan, download our free workbook by texting “4sight” to 773-770-4377 or click here.
Share your strategic plans with us on twitter or instagram at @get4sight or on Facebook at The 4Sight Group.