Are you familiar with the Kevin Bacon rule? According to Wikipedia, “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon is a parlor game based on the “six degrees of separation” concept, which posits that any two people on Earth are six or fewer acquaintance links apart. Movie buffs challenge each other to find the shortest path between an arbitrary actor and prolific actor Kevin Bacon.”
Well, I submit that Brad Lomenick is the Kevin Bacon of Christian leadership. If you don’t know Brad personally I’m pretty sure it will take six or fewer acquaintances to make the link.
We kick off this episode of the podcast with me sharing that theory as well as Brad telling a rather disparaging story about my skills at the game of corn hole (bean bag toss). If you’re curious about one of my more embarrassing moments, you’ll want to take a listen!
Brad is a consultant, author, speaker and for 12 years served as the leader of Catalyst – a dynamic conference for young leaders. He’s also the author of H3 Leadership: Be Humble. Stay Hungry. Always Hustle.
Highlights from our conversation:
- Sometimes your most intentional influence is in a small circle of people.
- What can you own/be the expert of? How can you highlight and celebrate the work of others? Brad started “The Young influencers List” over 10 years ago and it is a “go to” resource for identifying young and upcoming leaders.
- If you’re not bringing someone with you then you’re not truly leading.
- So many leaders get to a place of unhealthy-ness because they are insecure.
- Be humble. Stay hungry. Always hustle.
Listen to this episode via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, or your favorite podcast app!
Connect with Brad: